I have the doors, but I haven’t written about the doors, so I’ll write about them for Thursday Doors for next week. I’z all curfubbled (NOT A WORD UNTIL NOW!) today since today began with me, in a half-sleepy stupor, wondering if it was a day I had to go to work. I came to consciousness just enough to mutter Expletive….. it’s only Thursday…. This week has been jammed packed with enough week to have it be over already; alas, there’s one more day to go. To get myself through, I’ve spent this afternoon looking forward, and I came up with a new thing I’m gonna do, just for me.
I’m off tomorrow, of my own choosing (yay, vacation days!). That makes this weekend three days long! And that also makes today, Thursday, my Friday. It’s flying by at a snail on a sloth with a broken leg break-neck speed.
This past weekend was a three-day weekend in the U.S. Judging by the people I’ve interacted with already this morning, I think we all need a do-over (or at least another day off or so).
Continue reading “I Demand a Do-Over”
It’s Thursday! It’s time to share some doors! It’s been almost a month since my last Thursday Doors (again). Lately, time has been warping like I’m Han Solo with Chewie in the Millennium Falcon, switching into hyperdrive, AND I’ve been exhausted — growing new bones in one’s arm is tiring! But I’m now also determined that I will complete this post and MY DOORS SHALL BE POSTED!
In 10 short hours, at least 8 of which will be spent sleeping, I shall be forced to rejoin the world. Vacation, all I ever wanted, is coming to an end. The glorious nine days spent away from work, work, work are over…
It’s Thursday! It’s time to share some doors! After a (not-so-brief) hiatus, I have returned. Autumn began early, in September, and I ventured out with my phone (still need to take the DSLR out). Then summer reared its ugly head again, but I didn’t let that stop me! I have photos to sort and post in the coming weeks. YAY! Today, I’m reopening the doors, so to speak — with one that keeps in the spirit of the me-me-me work I’m doing this Autumn.
Continue reading “Thursday Doors: Reopen”
They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
Brief Epistles ~ January Edition
I’ve been Random Thoughts Thursday-ing for almost 10 years, in various blogging locales. I shall continue the tradition here. YAY! For newbies, the name really says it all… These are Random. These are Thoughts. It is Thursday. I like simple, ya know? SO!
RTT: The Return ~ a New Year Update
- On the first day of the new year yesterday, I spent time:
Writing thank you notes, new year cards, and other correspondence;
Watching episodes of Law & Order during the WeTV marathon, enjoying endless hours of Briscoe greatness;
Wishing, and hoping, and praying that the sinus pressure in my head would let up sooner rather than later;
Adding blog posts from the past to this one (see archives, i.e. days gone by);
Watching and killing it on Jeopardy! (online test in six days!);
Waiting eagerly for and then watching the Dance Moms season premiere (don’t judge… it’s not nice);
Trying to keep my eyes open during said premiere as I’m tuckered out from all the holiday-ing, etc.
- I know, it seems like I don’t know how to do a holiday properly. It’s a national day off and mine involved doing lots of things instead of lots of nothing.
- In my defense, these things are fun for me. Plus, those activities helped me to forget for most of the day that a mucus-y quintet was playing a concert in my sinus cavities (at least according to that one commercial, which obviously shows what’s scientifically happening in there).
- On the second day of the new year today, I:
- What, you were expecting more?
- Time for vacation, don’t you think?
- I have vacationed in January before. Did I go skiing? Did I go to a beach near the equator or in the Southern Hemisphere?
- I went to a New Jersey beach once and Delaware beaches several times.
- I am part polar bear.
- Most people I know are polar opposites of me.
- I am an island, with myself… paraphrasing The Breakfast Club’s Brian Johnson.
- If I’m an island, it’s one from, like, Greenland, Canada, or some other freezing place, because I like it cold.
- Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on…
- That last thought brought to you by the 80s. The 80s: a decade now prominently featured on oldies stations.
- Happy 2014! Wow. 14.
- Remember Y2K? SPAM anyone? I have a few things left from my end-of-the-world kit.
- I kid. I don’t eat SPAM.
- And I feel fine (thank you, Michael Stipe).