‘Tis the end of the month and that’s a good time to look back and take stock a wee bit. Welcome to Daisy Digest, a compilation of the highs and lows, the things to be grateful for, and more, from the past month.
Blooms and wilts (highlights and challenges)
- Bloom: The most beautiful winter-like amber light Friday morning, and shades of it lasted all throughout the day.
- Wilt: Being patient while allowing the cortisol levels return to normal after so long, and that takes time.
Bouquet of Gratitude
- being able to actually do nothing on all the calendar days marked ME
- choir peeps
- remembering my glasses each time I went to the library (for a change)
- well-lit and fully stocked grocery stores
- the man who closed the freezer door there as I realized it didn’t close as I walked away
- tacos for Thanksgiving dinner
- enjoying my weirdness
- being able to rent movies on my TV (see below)
Daisy Delights (more in the sidebar under the same name)
The Last Jedi: Knowing The Rise of Skywalker arrives in December, I needed to still see this one. It’s too long and too disjointed in its telling of three similar stories, but I liked it, especially for $3 from the comfort of my couch. I might actually break my I NEVER go to the movie theater anymore rule for the final chapter, though.
GilMORE the Merrier: A TV station here in the states for several years now has shown all 153 episodes of Gilmore Girls, in order, all Thanksgiving week. Every time I needed a break or wanted to visit a happy place, I turned on the flatscreen and visited Stars Hollow.
How could I not?: I’ve loved this singer for some time. I was surprised to see her on a country music awards show, but then again, I was surprised there wasn’t much country music on said country music awards show. Enjoy the beautiful song stylings of Pink.
I am posting this on December 1, a day later than it should be, and back dating it to November 30. Because I would have written it on the right day, if I had a clue what day/date it was. I’m hoping I’ll be able to keep track a bit better in December, now that I’m feeling a bit better and what with the endless countdown to Christmas things I see everywhere (that may make it difficult to lose track). In case I don’t, I’ll leave this, my favorite Christmas commercial, as a wish for you…
Daisy Digest is a monthly look back at the highlights and struggles, things to be grateful for, fun or interesting things I’m watching/reading/listening to, and photos I’ve taken or videos I discovered and want to share. There’s usually a lil’ tale or conversation (my side, at least) to share, too. Posts go up on the last day of each month, September through June.