Friday Fhoughts - BlackSummer’s coming, but the roller coaster ride’s already begun. The winds of change are blowing like it’s March, but it’s not. It’s just time. There are days that are clearly delineated: before and after. We’re into the after, and I couldn’t be more excited. I’m also a bit sad from time to time. One can be as one mourns something that no longer exists, even if it’s for the best and something you sought and something you need and want. That wise rock band Semisonic once said: “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” Too true, boys.

This cryptic paragraph officially begins FRIDAY FHOUGHTS, FOLUME SIX!

The blog tries to be smiley most of the time, but life’s not all sunshine and smiley faces all the time. You know that. This week featured some of those not so sunshiny times. There were a couple days of how long will I feel this way (and that was before some crappy behavior by The People attempted to put a damper on things). CUE THIS SONG:

But as the great Alanis once sang, “The only way out is through,” and so I sat with it. And I waited. And I did what I could to help it along.

And it passed.

You change what you can. You accept what you cannot change (hey, there’s a saying about that….). And you accept that the only thing you can affect really is you. And so that’s what I do/I’ll do, to get back to that smiley face on the keyboard there status.

There was laughter with similarly-minded people. That helps. There was singing of many songs. That helps, too. There were long drives. There were smiley faces in drive-through windows. There was daydreaming and plan-making. There was actual movement forward on making a dream a reality.

It doesn’t sound like much, but it was. It is. And it will be.

Of course, that doesn’t always make for an interesting blog post perhaps. It is what it is.

May your only way out is through times be short. May your downs lead to you greater ups. May music and words and self-care light your way the way they do mine. May you always remember what’s really important.

Happy, peaceful weekend, people.

On Fridays, I have fhoughts. And that’s how Friday Fhoughts was born. A cross between two series I used to have (Random Thoughts Thursday and DSF Weekly Rewind), Friday Fhoughts is a smattering of random thoughts, connected in some way or not, with photos, music, and more. Read my Friday Fhoughts posts here.

(And remember, Sunday Song lives at TaraParay.com now!)

13 thoughts on “Friday Fhoughts: Folume Six

I always like ‘the only way past is through’. I’ve never heard of Ben Platt before. His cardigan game is strong. Hope next week is better.

Tis a good saying, Tara. Ben was in Pitch Perfect (movie) and on Broadway in Dear Evan Hansen. This song is from his debut album. Yes, his cardigan game IS strong. LOL! 🙂

Thanks.

I too, liked the only way past is through. I believe it wholeheartedly.

Liked by 2 people

Mm hmm. It’s just stinky in the middle of it, eh?

Stinky. And necessary!

3. Sorryless says:

T Siz,

People and places and things, no matter how much value we place in them, are temporary. The peace of mind we strive to achieve (I’m still trying) is the only thing we have coming in and it will be the only thing we have going out.

Peace to ya sistah.

That’s a helpful note when thinking about the bad things… they don’t last. (I’ll not dwell on the fact that the good things don’t last either.)

Pax.
      (Peace… I’m a Latin nerd)

I’ve always liked that Dixie Chicks song. It rings true from time-to-time for me. I’m sorry for the lousy in your week, but glad to know that you’re putting it into perspective. Next week might be better… it could happen! 😉

Me, too. The whole song isn’t ringing true this week, but enough was. Thanks so much — perspective is a good goal I try to remember when I’m in the middle of it all… You’re right! Anything could happen!

5. joey says:

I get that. I’m a move on person. Onwards. We must move forward. (And try to enjoy the journey cause life is short and life is for the living and Our Town and all that, but oh my getting through can be a rough go!)
    I am so sorry you had to get through it, but it’s a good thing to know it’s not forever. Me with all things: It ain’t forever. I been through worse. > insert all the swearing <
    I sure hope this weekend is a good one for you!

I’m feeling better on the weekend, Joey, thanks, The swearing is now limited to the toilet seat that keeps moving and I’ve asked for it to be changed several times, but alas, it has not yet been changed.

Yes, the life is short bit. Mm hmm. That’s why the going through to get to the other side is so important. Don’t want the crap to drag on into the new fun good, ya know? So I sit… and wait… and then YAY! again!!!

1. joey says:

OH my goodness, I feel your pain with the toilet seat! Our powder room (it’s en suite, but it’s just a wee powder room) potty is at least as old as indoor plumbing, and I think the seat was original. I spent 5 years sliding off and sliding the bolt back over and FINALLY The Mister replaced it, and I cannot express to you the joy this brought me. I hope that you will be happy with yours soon!
        Maybe that will be the start of some more Yayness!

I hope to experience this joy soon!