Many moons ago, I ventured to one of my favorite happy places to celebrate my birthday.  Twas a solo retreat meant to enable me to enjoy some sand, surf, and solitude as I began a new trip around the sun.

After several years of not doing so, this year I resurrected this activity. Last Thursday, also known as The Best Day of My Year, I ventured to one of my favorite beaches and spent several glorious days there all by myself.

Happy birthday to me!

ThursdayDoors DSFBeachin’ Birthday: Part I

I’ve been to the beach I went to many times. We’re, like, BFFs. In fact, when I arrived, the ocean couldn’t stop waving! So happy to see me! Me, too, Ocean, you know, to see you.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen Ocean, but it was like it always is with good old friends — endless amounts of time can go by, but once you’re together again, it’s like no time passed at all.

I was so excited to be with Ocean again that I didn’t even think about having to take an elevator to the floor my room was on. I usually ask for a low floor and take the steps. I had one bad elevator experience in my entire life, about 10 years ago, but it was so traumatic, I now avoid elevators as much as possible. I was eager to get to my Me + Ocean Time, though, so I decided to get to my home for the next few days as fast as possible.

After I settled myself in my room, I decided to spend the first of many hours of quality time with Ocean. This is the elevator door that opened to take me back down to begin my birthday adventure.

20190412_211259 (1)

This is me spending time up close and personal with Ocean (different day, but who cares?).

20190412_161951 (1)

What other birthday fun was had?

To be continued next week….

This post is one of many through Thursday Doors by Norm Frampton. See other doors — from around the world — on his weekly linkup and/or on the Twitter at #ThursdayDoors. See more of my doors here.

9 thoughts on “Thursday Doors: Beachin’ Birthday

1. Sorryless says:

Ocean is good peeps. It supplies peace of mind and it tranquils your soul when you need it the most.

Glad you got to spend some quality time with such wonderful company.

I’m with you, Tara. What a great way to spend your birthday time… Oceans can be so soothing. I know I am way overdue to get reacquainted.

3. scr4pl80 says:

Love the ocean and don’t spend nearly enough time there, especially since it is only about a 20 minute drive away!

I don’t get to the ocean often. I miss it. I must say that your elevator door is about as basic as they come. How amazing that it transported you to a spot beside that beautiful ocean.

5. trentpmcd says:

I’m glad you had a beach birthday! I did see the ocean waving at you on Instagram.

6. Norm 2.0 says:

The ocean is such a great idea for a birthday gift. Glad you enjoyed it.

I did! There’s more to share! I saw LOTS OF DOORS! 🙂

7. joey says:

Been almost five years since I saw the Ocean. I love it, it loves me, and we’ll meet again. Glad you had a good time (thus far)
    I feel the foreshadowing of a bad vator story a comin!

No bad elevator story… THIS TIME.

Ocean says Hi! I’ll wave just for you next time I’m there.