Half summer, half Autumn (kind of), October was weird weather-wise. Otherwise, other than working, I partied like an old person (read: I sat on the couch the entire time) at a three-year-old’s birthday party. I tried to notice little things that make me happy as the days flew by. I tried to take breaks from the (bad) news.
Rev, rest, recoup, repeat.
The 31 days flew by, though (just me?).
Time to pause and take a look back at the month just passed as it comes to an end.
- I joined a choir and am having so much fun singing with other people (ya know, instead of just singing all by myself).
- I let my hair down, literally, to stay down (rather than in a summer ponytail) and experienced my usual Autumn My, how long my hair has gotten!
- I celebrated the First Anniversary of My Broken Left Wrist! (any excuse for cake)
- Getting any walking done outside this month — at least during the second half when summer finally went away.
- Sticking to the same schedule on weekends as during the week.
- that I enjoy simple things like fresh sheets
- welcoming, friendly faces
- discovering via the google that I can right click on any YouTube video, click loop, and the video, hence the song, will repeat until I stop it
- whatever keeps me thinking I should do/try/be/dream more/new
- my three-hole puncher
- DuoLingo, which is helping me with my French
- looking forward, especially to getting my lost-to-Daylight-Savings-Time hour back this Sunday!
Visual: This Is Us — the Jack / Vietnam backstory episode. Watching the draft lottery (in which draftees were selected by birthdate) made me so angry — a ridiculous process for an unnecessary and wasteful war. This episode was based in truth, but all the storytelling this show pulls off amazes me still, in its third year.
Auditory: I. Am. Obsessed.
Here’s hoping November is a month filled with more treats than tricks.
Daisy Digest is part of my Frequently Infrequent series. It posts on the last day of each month and recaps the highs and lows, the things I’m grateful for, the things I’m enjoying (recommending!), and other randomy goodness (including possibly a lil’ story), pictures, videos, and more. Read more about my Frequently Infrequent series here.