It’s Thursday! It’s time to share some doors! What did I capture this week? Let’s find out.

ThursdayDoors DSF

Tis the definition of a first world problem. But I shall whine briefly about it anyway.

It’s a privilege when it comes down to it. Not everyone has this happen to them every day and, though a bit of an inconvenience, it’s a gift.

It happens at work, a job I went to school to learn the skills for, after going to university (because that’s, like, required for anything). It happens every day, but the time changes slightly. It happens to be true that I can get up and walk around for a few minutes until it ends. Or I could wear my sunglasses inside (but I’m not Bono, so … no).

I know it’s coming, except on glorious cloudy days, when I don’t even have to think about it. But on the sunny ones, as soon as I see a glimmer out of the corner of my eye and know it’s starting, I mentally steel myself so I can survive until it ends.

I’m sure this won’t be as big an issue in the spring, when the leaves provide natural shade (literally and figuratively). Until then, every day around 4:45, I duck behind my 20-inch monitor (which could lead to napping as my head is dangerously close to the desk), or I stand and/or leave my desk, turning into Gizmo, saying, “Bright light! Bright light!”

20180119_163603

(I know I live on the bright side, but this is just a bit too literal for me.)

This post is one of many through Thursday Doors by Norm Frampton. See other doors — from around the world — on his weekly linkup and/or on the Twitter at #ThursdayDoors. See more of my doors here.

9 thoughts on “Thursday Doors: Blinded by the Light

Made me smile with this one. That is a doozy of a bright light. Have you thought of wearing shades, considering your future’s so bright!

Ya know, I hadn’t. But maybe I should. Since that’s also from the 80s, perhaps a neon pair?

2. Norm 2.0 says:

There are worse problems one could face at the office for sure but this one can be a PITA. Any possibility of re-positioning your desk so you’re not getting the light directly in the face?

Sha. A Pita for sure. No, the desk is pretty much immovable. I, however, am not. I’m using it as the universe’s reminder to get up and move around after sitting for too long. 🙂

3. wccunningham says:

Your future is definitely looking bright! Thankfully I am away from the door and have curtains on my window at work.

Liked by 2 people

4. Perfect title. 🙂

janet

Thanks, Janet!

5. jesh stg says:

Sorry, I couldn’t work like this (not that I would ever have to, because with confidential work, no one else can see you than the person in front of you, so no uncovered windows or doors), so I hope that you’ll find a solution!

I’ve decided it’s a call for me to get up and walk around, take a break, stretch my legs. And if it continues or gets worse, there WILL be shades. 🙂