If you’d like to do a #DSFWeeklyRewind post, see the guidelines here and post your link in the comments (or ping back to this post, if you’re on WordPress.com).
Join in. Share. Connect.
Welcome to my #DSFWeeklyRewind post for the week ending December 22, 2017. So how was my week?
Good. Tiring. Invigorating. Enjoyable. The old chapter ended; the new one started (a little anyway… kicks into high gear next week with my First Full Day of Work at the New Gig).
The air is filled with the energy of the disorganized, the frazzled, the hurried for no reason during the sprint to the holiday finish line, though. I find myself hibernating as much as possible to escape it, though some obviously gets in. Still, there are several days off, merriment, some me time, and then everything gets back to normal. Except it’s not because I’m starting something new, and that’s exciting, and nerve-wracking.. and exciting… did I mention exciting?
A now, a little story. Everyone gather ’round. … … … OK, ready?
Last Christmas, my niece gave me a bracelet from Alex & Ani — a daisy on yellow strings, thereby combining two of my favorite things. The bracelet came to me with a card asking if I knew my soul number. I did not. I kept the card, though, thinking I would play along and figure it out. I did, but not until about a week and a half ago. I’m a fan of the universe and I believe in many spiritual things. Still, I found myself somewhat skeptical about numerology and this card.
But I had kept it. For almost a year.
One day last week then, I calculated my number as instructed, using the vowels in my full given name. I double-checked my addition as math and I aren’t really good friends. According to the chart, my number is 3.
Upon visiting Alex & Ani, I discovered not only the fact that they would have calculated it for me (which I did, too), but also the meaning of the number 3. They say: Three is the number of creation, artists, and intuitives. They are said to be imaginative, talented, and dynamic. Share your creativity with the world.
… … …
It’s like… they know.
Just to be sure, I checked the meaning of some of the other numbers, using just my first and last name, not my full name, etc. Nope. None of the descriptions fit. But three does, so I bought myself a Christmas present. This bracelet:
*Note: This is my broken-yet-healing wrist hand, hence the swollen fingers. ha
A more detailed explanation arrived on the bracelet’s card:
I even wrote a gift message to myself. Some of it’s personal, but it says, in part: Happy 2018. Use your creativity. Go for your dreams.
If I had to sum up this year in a sentence, it would be: When the universe speaks, it knows I’m listening.
More on that and change and growth and all kinds of similar fun in the coming weeks. But for now, back to #DSFWeeklyRewind!
As per usual, this week featured some bloggy goodness! I posted:
- Share Your World ~ Eleven
- Review of Hues and Views. See what my most popular Instagram #365Project post was.
- Thursday Doors: Historic Holidays. How could I not when I live near where Washington crossed the Delaware River on Christmas Day?
And, as usual, I’m gratitudinous. As you may know, I always include gratitude in my #DSFWeeklyRewind (and while creativity isn’t required, I do ask those who write a #DSFWeeklyRewind post to include at least one thing they’re grateful for). So, as is tradition, I shall list some things I’m grateful for this week:
- Patience, which allowed me to retrieve something that was stopping the garbage disposal from running properly (funny story/blog post upcoming).
- Patience, which allows me to do my wrist exercises, knowing it’s only been 3 weeks without a cast and I’m doing well and time will heal me even more.
- Broadway showtunes, which I listened to as I typed this post, including For Good from Wicked, Waving Through a Window from Dear Evan Hansen, and Ring of Keys from Fun Home.
- Me, circa the recent past, for making decisions that led to new chapters. I’m excited about 2018.
- Humidifiers. Seriously. The dry heat inside due to the cold outside is wreaking havoc on my hair and causing static in my favorite blankie. Of course, it could just be that I’m electric… boogie woogie woogie (90s reference!).
Soon enough I’ll be up to my knees in balled up Christmas wrapping paper. Until then, I’ll enjoy some quiet and solitude whilst waiting for the holiday hurricane of happiness. Wishing you and yours Merry Christmas (or happy weekend, or just have a nice day… you choose!). And may the universe lead all to peace and light and love in the coming new year.
Until next time, peace.
Join in. Share. Connect. See the guidelines here.