Hello. Thanks for stopping by this week. Tara is unavailable due to the four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend, which started yesterday. There won’t be a new #DSFWeeklyRewind post this week, but feel free to read previous weeks here. If you still want to write a post this week, leave a link to your post in the comments of this post. We’ll return to our regularly scheduled programming next week.
Have a great weekend!
#DSFWeeklyRewind is a weekly linkup for Twitterites and other bloggers who want to share their week, perhaps with a dash of creativity, and some gratitude. Join us! And invite your friends! Guidelines here.
Hey! You read all the way down here? Well, then here is my annual List of Things to Be Thankful For, 2017 edition (sent to newsletter subscribers last weekend!).
- Laptop speakers so now I can play my tunes louder whilst writing, allowing me to sing loudly along with it all, including my stint as a backup singer on John Denver’s Country Roads and any song by Journey
- Coworkers who hold open doors and bring tasty chocolate treats as a surprise to make you feel better when you’ve broken something
- 21st century casts
- Pain meds
- Elvis, Indigo Girls, k.d. lang, and other music that soothes and entertains
- Klondike Oreo bars
- This Is Us
- Roseanne reruns, In the Kitchen with David, and other TV fare to keep me entertained whilst stuck on the couch
- books (ditto)
- a newly discovered local bakery’s cinnamon buns
- cream cheese, especially on poppy seed bagels
- extreme limiting of news, social media, and being off Facebook for nearly 2.5 years
- my microwave popcorn popper that pops corn sans oil!
- notecards that look like the cards that used to be in the back of library books
- my library
- buffalo chicken dip
- so many things!
And, of course, the usual suspects:
- Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- Black Iced Tea
- my camera (DSLR and smartphone)
- my Muse
- the power that lives within me, that I forget is there sometimes, until it reminds me
- my father
- my other peeps, here and gone
- new years, days, moments