Some weeks (on Mondays or Tuesdays), I shall participate in Share Your World, a weekly blog challenge some of the cool kids I know take part in. There’s no Movie Monday this week so I shall do it today! This is my fifth installment: V.

List some of your favorites types of teas.

Earl Grey, hot (Star Trek reference!). I drink black iced tea every day. I used to get it at Starbucks, and sometimes still do, but mostly I make the Starbucks tea at home, complete with Classic Syrup (not the liquid cane sugar they’re using now… ew). My tea, I’m told, is better than theirs. Of course, I don’t steep for just 5 minutes. I steep for about an hour.

If you had to describe your day as a traffic sign, what would it be?

This varies by day, of course. Lately, and today, the sign is STOP. As in STOP. Then think, act/speak or not.

What are a couple of things could people do for you on a really bad day that would really help you?

Make me laugh. Hugs are nice. Then there are always chocolate chip cookies.

Irregardless of your physical fitness, coordination or agility: If you could be an athlete what would do do?

I would be a tennis player and win a major championship! I’m a pro tennis watcher so… I’m happy to have excelled in that regard.

Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

I’m grateful for perspective, for all those breathing exercises I’ve practiced through the years, and for the heatwave breaking finally (making the aforementioned breathing easier). I’m looking forward to seeing if this feeling I have — despite obstacles, we’ll call them, I’m feeling pretty zen and happy — lasts. I’ll do what I can to help myself in that regard.

This post is part of Share Your World, a weekly blog event, by Cee.

8 thoughts on “Share Your World: V

1. Cee Neuner says:

I know that Capt. Picard statement well. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like we could be all Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra. ๐Ÿ™‚ Happy week!

2. joey says:

I’m glad you’re feeling zen and happy ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope the week brings you more of that!
    Tennis is a good choice, too. But so hot. Man, I’d love to stun my husband with a powerful shot… leave his racket vibrating.

It is hot. Perhaps just indoor tennis, with the a/c on, like, 12 degrees. ๐Ÿ™‚

What is this Classic Syrup of which you speak? I’m sure that you’d be great at tennis, but maybe not on these hot muggy days. Why is that sport always going on when it’s so oppressive outside? It makes little sense to me.

Classic Syrup is Starbucks liquid sugar. I buy it at Starbucks and make my tea at home! I even shake it, the way they’re supposed to (are they still? I wonder if it’s still called Shaken Iced Tea).

I couldn’t play tennis in the heat of, let’s say, Australia in January. They’re ALWAYS passing out or feeling sick during the Australian open. I’ll stick to indoor tennis, since it’s imaginary. I’ll be like Serena Williams wasm only indoors. I’ll play, like, 4 tournaments a year and still be number 1. ๐Ÿ™‚

Huh. I didn’t know about Star$ liquid sugar. I’m impressed that you’ve out tea-ed them at their own game. Probably just as well that you know how to make this tea, you’ll need some to keep your strength up to play in all your tennis tournaments.

True. True.