They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
This week: Summer Again?
- This Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of the summer season.
- Or as I like to call it The Beginning of Hibernation.
- I am nocturnal and like it cold, so having the sun shine for 16 hours a day and the external heat on high for three months (at least) — not my cup of tea.
- I’ll go out if by going out you mean from one air conditioned location to another.
- I’ll still drink tea, but only iced.
- One thing I won’t do in the summer that normal people do: go to the beach.
- Though I love the beach, I’m opposed to any location with several thousand people there at one time.
- I won’t spend time in the woods either — though they love me, I’m also opposed to bugs.
- Memorial Day/Summer gets me a three-day weekend, though, so I’ll stop complaining now.
- Another plus: if everyone flees to the beach the way they always do, I’ll have the whole town to myself. *rubs hands together a la Snidely Whiplash*.
- On the holiday weekend agenda:
- Wishing you a happy holiday! Or if you’re not in America, Happy Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday!
Random Thoughts Thursday is published on… anyone…. anyone… Thursdays! It features whatever thoughts are running through my wee brain. On the third Thursday of each month, there’s a super special Brief Epistles edition. Letters! Of a random variety! Click here for more Random Thoughts Thursday entries (or click here for previous Brief Epistles editions).