They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
This Week: Favorite Things
In honor of next Thursday being Thanksgiving here in ‘Murica, let’s look at some (mostly) silly things of life that are My Favorite Things, for which I’m grateful:
As listed in my latest newsletter (that’s right, subscribers’ heads were filled with this fascinating info a good two weeks before you!):
- making up words
- real words that sound made up, like williwaw
- dollar store reading glasses (clearer vision for A DOLLAR!)
- self-checkout at the library ~ beep… beep… BOOKS!
- Burger King kids’ meals
- the first night on fresh, clean sheets.
- Pandora’s skipping function
- Brand new pencil erasers
- When the layers for my layer cake come out even/level
- Chocolate jimmies
- Starbucks Black Iced Tea
- Getting and sending mail
- When the ponytail elastic with the weakened, stretched-out part holds on for one more twirl (three times ’round!)
- That ‘holds on’ made me think of Jamie Walters and that song from the 90s (did you know he’s a fireman now?)
- Ladybugs and butterflies
- The spiders in my house/on my car, all named Herman
- Full service gas stations
- Drives by the river or to the ocean
- Toll-free roads
- Autumn (see two pics I had in an exhibit in my other life here)
- Winter (there will be MANY photos when there is snow. You’ve been warned.)
- That I am the type of person who sings along with the music in the grocery store, makes screeching tires noises when I go around a curve (even at 10mph), and when I saw new carts at Target a few years ago, I almost jumped out of my skin. “NEW CARTS! COOL!”
- Making people smile. You are, aren’t you? C’mon. I know you are.