They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
This week: Things I Can’t Believe
- Today is October 1.
- How much my eyesight is changing now that I’m not 25 anymore.
- That I got readers (reading glasses) at the dollar store… for $1.
- That the meteorologist lady keeps calling Joaquin (wah-keen) Joaquim (wah-keemmmmmmmm, with emphasis on the m).
- That anyone thinks of these weather ladies (why are many of them women now) as anything more than the Vanna Whites of the Weather — they pivot in place, they point (they don’t applaud, though, so there’s that).
- That despite my advanced age and experience, there’s a 90 percent chance that when I turn the hand cream bottle upsidedown to dispense the cream, as I squeeze, the first splatter will land on my shirt and/or pants.
- That the percentage of that happening increases to almost 100 if I’m wearing black or if I’m just about to head out the door.
- That the Target parking lot is always packed — does no one work?
- That the leaves haven’t really changed yet and they may never at the rate this season seems to be going (Held Hostage by Summer: Month Five… will it ever end?).
- That weather people somehow keep themselves from laughing when they say that we’re in the “Cone of Uncertainty.”
- I CAN believe that the weekend is almost here and I’m looking forward to reading, by flashlight if I have to, whilst battoning down the hatches. If Joaquin does come, I hope it’s Mr. Phoenix. I’d be happy to see him (well, Walk the Line-era Joaquin, not so much I’m Still Here Joaquin).
Happy weekend, peeps!