They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
This week: Feelin’ hot hot hot
- It was 88 degrees at 11:30 a.m., not a good sign for how hot the day was going to get.
- Summer, like many relatives, arrives early and unwanted.
- Will it overstay its welcome, too?
- I just updated my Goodreads and, it seems, for my 2015 Reading Challenge, I’m four books behind.
- How can I read to catch up when it’s so hot that I can’t turn the page without sweating?
- My legs, in my shorts (which are even too hot for this heat, are stuck to the chair I’m working in.
- I’ll be here until the weather cools and I can get up without my thighs making a sound like I’m ripping tape off a package.
- That’s if you can get the tape lifted enough to pull it off… usually, I need a chainsaw to get through packaging.
- Is today National First World Problems Day?
- In that case, you should know that the post of my earring keeps poking my head when I press the phone against my ear, too.
- Take it out? Are you kidding? Why would I do that?
- Whilst sipping cold iced tea and sitting on the air conditioning vent, I’m tracking packages of 3 books I’m waiting for, from two different companies.
- They’ll fit nicely on top of the pile of books I have to read (that somehow just keeps getting taller).
- It’s my own personal game of Intellectual Jenga — I pull out the book that calls to me (usually from the middle of the pile), then add more on top.
- I’m going to end this here so I can go play a game of “envision I’m sitting on a pile of snow in my bathing suit.” Only three more days until this heat wave ends (I hope for once the weather person is right).