They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
This week: Waiting for the W-E-E-K-E-N-D
- I didn’t post on Tuesday because of the Memorial Day holiday Monday.
- I needed a holiday from the holiday.
- People were driving like lunatics Tuesday, hardly anybody answered email or phone calls (until Wednesday), and every day this week, I found myself surprised when I looked at the clock to see what time it was.
- Short weeks are the longest weeks ever.
- Tonight, though, I get a reward: it’s the Scripps National Spelling Bee!
- NERD ALERT! This Word Nerd, who took Latin in high school, gets her spelling groove on, every year.
- It’s like the Spelling Olympics.
- Not to be confused with the Tori Spelling Olympics, which feature endless babymaking whilst scrapbooking, crying and talking at the same time (without a word being understood), and various plastic surgeries.
- Does anybody scrapbook anymore?
- Isn’t Facebook like an online scrapbook?
- Millions of millennials will never know the joys of trying to get Glue Stick off their fingers.
- Somebody should make a scrapbook page about that.
- Maybe I should get crafty to help this seemingly unending week to finally reach its denouement.
- Denouement: Noun. Language of origin: French. Fancy-pants-ness level: high.
- Denouement: A word I’m sure those kid spellers can rattle off without blinking twice.
- If you’ll excuse me, I have to go study the Dictionary some more so I can compete with the middle schoolers in the Spelling Bee final tonight (8 p.m. on ESPN. I. Can’t. Wait!).