They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!

This week: Waiting for the W-E-E-K-E-N-D

• I didn’t post on Tuesday because of the Memorial Day holiday Monday.
  • I needed a holiday from the holiday.
  • People were driving like lunatics Tuesday, hardly anybody answered email or phone calls (until Wednesday), and every day this week, I found myself surprised when I looked at the clock to see what time it was.
  • Short weeks are the longest weeks ever.
  • Tonight, though, I get a reward: it’s the Scripps National Spelling Bee!
  • NERD ALERT! This Word Nerd, who took Latin in high school, gets her spelling groove on, every year.
  • It’s like the Spelling Olympics.
  • Not to be confused with the Tori Spelling Olympics, which feature endless babymaking whilst scrapbooking, crying and talking at the same time (without a word being understood), and various plastic surgeries.
  • Does anybody scrapbook anymore?
  • Isn’t Facebook like an online scrapbook?
  • Millions of millennials will never know the joys of trying to get Glue Stick off their fingers.
  • Somebody should make a scrapbook page about that.
  • Maybe I should get crafty to help this seemingly unending week to finally reach its denouement.
  • Denouement: Noun. Language of origin: French. Fancy-pants-ness level: high.
  • Denouement: A word I’m sure those kid spellers can rattle off without blinking twice.
  • If you’ll excuse me, I have to go study the Dictionary some more so I can compete with the middle schoolers in the Spelling Bee final tonight (8 p.m. on ESPN. I. Can’t. Wait!).

6 thoughts on “RTT: Waiting for the W-E-E-K-E-N-D

1. wccunningham says:

Ok.. a little nerdy but that’s cool. 🙂

We have an entire room upstairs dedicated to scrap-booking… I’m not allowed in there.

Short weeks can definitely be long weeks. I had to travel for work this week so I spent Monday on a plane which somehow is making this week even longer.

1. Tara Paray says:

Fenks. 🙂

Nice to know scrapbooking still happens. I haven’t done it in years. I love how you’re not allowed in that room. ha.

Several people have commented that it feels like Friday… Monday holidays should be banned! Or three-day weekends should be mandatory so we get used to them. All in favor?

1. wccunningham says:

I would love three day weekends. In favor… Aye or whatever it is that is opposite of Nay 🙂

2. Tara Paray says:

Aye it is. And I second that! 🙂

2. Sabina says:

Ah, the Scripps Spelling Bee. This collection of random thoughts was really fun, very stream-of-consciousness!

1. Tara Paray says:

Scherenschnitte. I got that one and about three others right. I’m out of practice with bee words! And thanks! Usually, that’s my goal for Random Thoughts Thursday — that they be really random with one leading to another. Some weeks are more randomy than others. 🙂