Hear ye! Hear ye! This Friday, October 3, is
WORLD SMILE DAY!
How can I, Daisy Smiley Face (that’s me there), not celebrate this wondrous occasion? And, hello, this should totes be a national holiday! Smiles are fun!
And now, random SMILE thoughts!
- Elf and I think “Smiling’s my favorite!”
- Turn that frown upside-down and smile! (I’m a Toys ‘R’ Us kid?)
- Have a Coke and a smile!
- Smile, don’t you know God loves you? (Thanks, Catholic school, for that earworm. Quick! Somebody sing It’s a Small World or something!)
- And the bestest SMILEY thing ever, courtesy of my favorite rotten orphans:
This Friday especially…
- If you pass someone you don’t know, smile!
- If you’re standing in line, share a smile with the people in front or behind you!
- If you’re talking on the phone, smile! They’ll hear it in your voice!
We can choose to find things to frown about. We can frown when things aren’t going our way. Or we can choose to smile. There’s always something to be grateful for, always a reason to smile!
Drawings courtesy of my new friend, Shawn Siegel. Click here to see his site!