They’re Random! They’re Thoughts! It’s Thursday!
Where I won’t be this weekend:
- Any beach anywhere in ‘Merica.
- A park with picnic areas.
- Any highway on Friday or Monday; Saturday and Sunday might be OK.
- Any sports arena.
- A movie theater after 4 p.m.
- Any shopping center.
- Any place the throngs of humanity are expected to be because they’re off, buying sheets, barbecuing hot dogs and hamburgers, and sunning themselves.
Where I will be:
- Anywhere other than the aforementioned places as long as there’s air conditioning.
- At least part of the time, behind my laptop at the usually-packed Starbucks I can never get in on a normal weekend, but should be empty because everybody’s everywhere but there.
- In a state of longing when no mail arrives on Monday.
- Inside one of four books I want to read, hopefully by the end of the weekend.
- And in a state of gratitude and remembrance on Memorial Day because that’s what it’s really all about.