I’ve been Random Thoughts Thursday-ing for almost 10 years, in various blogging locales. I shall continue the tradition here. YAY! For newbies, the name really says it all… These are Random. These are Thoughts. It is Thursday. I like simple, ya know? SO!
RTT: The Return ~ a New Year Update
- On the first day of the new year yesterday, I spent time:
Writing thank you notes, new year cards, and other correspondence;
Watching episodes of Law & Order during the WeTV marathon, enjoying endless hours of Briscoe greatness;
Wishing, and hoping, and praying that the sinus pressure in my head would let up sooner rather than later;
Adding blog posts from the past to this one (see archives, i.e. days gone by);
Watching and killing it on Jeopardy! (online test in six days!);
Waiting eagerly for and then watching the Dance Moms season premiere (don’t judge… it’s not nice);
Trying to keep my eyes open during said premiere as I’m tuckered out from all the holiday-ing, etc.
- I know, it seems like I don’t know how to do a holiday properly. It’s a national day off and mine involved doing lots of things instead of lots of nothing.
- In my defense, these things are fun for me. Plus, those activities helped me to forget for most of the day that a mucus-y quintet was playing a concert in my sinus cavities (at least according to that one commercial, which obviously shows what’s scientifically happening in there).
- On the second day of the new year today, I:
- What, you were expecting more?
- Time for vacation, don’t you think?
- I have vacationed in January before. Did I go skiing? Did I go to a beach near the equator or in the Southern Hemisphere?
- I went to a New Jersey beach once and Delaware beaches several times.
- I am part polar bear.
- Most people I know are polar opposites of me.
- I am an island, with myself… paraphrasing The Breakfast Club’s Brian Johnson.
- If I’m an island, it’s one from, like, Greenland, Canada, or some other freezing place, because I like it cold.
- Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on…
- That last thought brought to you by the 80s. The 80s: a decade now prominently featured on oldies stations.
- Happy 2014! Wow. 14.
- Remember Y2K? SPAM anyone? I have a few things left from my end-of-the-world kit.
- I kid. I don’t eat SPAM.
- And I feel fine (thank you, Michael Stipe).